FLER

VIP Administration

• Дирекция Клуба
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5 579 сообщений
  • Интересы:Life

Отправлено 27 января 2004 - 21:34

Изображение

We used to call him Manson. He had wild dark hair and sunken eyes that were more than just scary; they made you think that he woke up every morning and whispered to himself, “It’s a good day for a killin’.” Although I never heard of him brainwashing a pack of unsupported hippie chicks into slaughtering anyone, there were stories about his picking off blue jays from the trees with a .22, which, to a 10-year-old, is just as awful on the bad-guy scale. Plus, he owned a Harley—a loud one that would disturb my dad during Murder She Wrote. But most of all, he used to scare the living (and dead) poo out of all the kids on the block.
Изображение

But the image of Manson on a motorbike is nothing compared to the sight of Edmund Carnecer peering out the windshield of his ’94 Toyota Supra painted a sinister black, as pictured on our cover. Not that Edmund is scary at all. Quite the contrary, he’s one of the nicest guys I’ve met. You see—now lean closer, I don’t want it to hear—it’s the Supra. The car seems to suck sunshine out of the sky and spit it back out in a dark halo of gloom. It’s the Devil’s chariot. I can almost convince myself that this car wasn’t built, but rather conjured. And if I had seen and heard this monster churning and worming up and down my block all those years ago, I’m sure I would’ve pleaded with my parents to move.
Изображение

As with all the cars featured in the magazine, the Supra is appropriately dropped. But the lowered stance does a great deal more to this car than, let’s say, a CRX. Instead of just giving the lines a sportier angle, the swapped-in Kei’s Office coilovers unleash a hidden edge to Edmund’s Supra. They give it a lineman’s crouch, seemingly increasing the bulk and body of the Japan-exclusive Abflug Type-GTM body kit.
Изображение

The vents on the hood and the Z3 shark gills along both front fenders add to the battle-ready stare while contributing a timeless flavor to the body at the same time. Peer deeply into the opaque Spiehecker Black finish and through the mist of lilac pearl, and you might be able to see a bit of the old British backroads or the German Autobahn.
Изображение

Strictly Japanese are the bronze-finished 18x9 Volk Racing SE-37 wheels (pictured with Nitto NT-555 tires). With this brand-new-for-2000 lightweight forged racing wheel, Volk Racing revisits the classic mesh design with its own sense of flair. The ones you see in these photos are the first of its kind on any car in the States. So to say that Edmund’s car is with select company is an understatement. This Supra stands alone.
Изображение

But let’s forget about the looks for a moment. It’s time to deal with the “talking the talk and walking the walk” thing. And when people begin conversations on Supras, no one ever inquires, “What does it look like?” It’s always about the power. And with a car that can be tuned to 500 hp without breaking a sweat, it takes a lot more than an intake-header-exhaust job to raise eyebrows.
Изображение

No such letdown here. Under the shell lies a frightening 2JZAGTE powerplant that’s been given the full tilt with a GReddy T-78 single-turbo upgrade, intake, and front-mount intercooler, and Type C wastegate. Other turbo supplements include a Blitz blow-off valve, HKS fuel regulator and pump, Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust, Random Technologies Hi-Flow catalytic converter, and custom 3-inch exhaust piping.
Изображение

And while the engine does have enough pull to draw all the proper hyperspace allusions, don’t start comparing this Supra to a race car. It won’t be winning many NIRA races, and it wasn’t built for thrashing. Cruising might be a more suitable option. Winning import car shows is a step closer to the truth. And in the category of show-prepped Supras, this one is a thoroughbred. The rear hatch hides a potent Phoenix Gold Reactor Series Special Edition six-channel amplifier, a Deep Cycle Optima 800 cold-cranking amp battery, an Alumapro 15 Farrad capacitor, and three 10-inch subwoofers. It’s safe to say that weekends in the country are out of the question.

Inside the Supra, we’re pretty much in Stealth Fighter territory. First of all, there’s carbon fiber. Lots of it—custom-styled—spread all along the dash. The seats are upholstered in purple and black (with matching purple shift boot), and the gauges are trimmed with chrome. A Kenwood P907 touch-screen head unit serves as the brains behind the sights and sounds, and a Panasonic in-dash DVD player offers you the freedom of choice. Flip down the visors and there are two more 5.5-inch LCD screens at your disposal.

Under the Hood: 2JZAGTE engine; GReddy T-78 single turbocharger, Type C wastegate, front-mount intercooler, and intake; Blitz blow-off valve; HKS fuel regulator and pump; Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust; Random Hi-Flow catalytic converter; AEM cam gears; Toyota direct ignition system; chrome-plated valve cover; Hose Techniques hoses; Unorthodox full race pulley set; custom 3-inch exhaust piping; Quick 8 Performance Stage III Pro Clutch; lightened flywheel
Stiff Stuff: Kei’s Office coilovers front and rear, Trust front strut brace
Rollers: 18x9 Volk Racing SE37s, Nitto NT-555 (235/40ZR18 in front, 275/35ZR18 in rear)
Stoppers: Power Stop slotted rotors in front and Brembo cross-drilled rotors in the rear, TRD brake pads, Toms steel-braided brake lines
Outside: Abflug Type-GTM body kit and F-1 Type R rear wing, Philips high-intensity discharge system HID headlights, custom-molded Z3 side vents, aero mirrors, Spiehecker Black paint with lilac pearl, Vinyl Graphic by Graphtech
Inside: Black and purple upholstery, carbon-fiber accents on dash, Blitz gauges, Räzo shift knob and pedals, chrome Auto Power four-point roll cage
ICE: Kenwood P907 touch-screen unit, Phoenix Gold Reactor Series Special Edition six-channel amp (75x4 and 150x2) and wiring, MB Quart RSB515 and RSB 518 mids and highs, three 10-inch Alumapro subwoofers, Deep Cycle Optima 800 cold-cranking amp battery and 15 Farad capacitor, Panasonic DVD in-dash unit, two 5.5-inch monitors custom enclosed in visors, HKS EVC IV
Props: MAS Wheelhouse, Auto Sound Performance, Volk Racing, Abflug, Tanabe, Nitto, Kei’s Office, Williams Autobody, Almaden Valley Upholstery, Graphtech, Moms for putting up with my car, My Bebe Lani for support, Lorenzo Villanueva, and all of Team Hokori for their help and support, Hose Techniques, Speedoptions, Speed magazine, Benen Industries

#2 гость_SolaraGuy_*

гость_SolaraGuy_*
  • Guests

Отправлено 28 января 2004 - 02:53

Сиденья какие-то неоформленные что-ли...Где как говорится "развитая боковая поддержка"? Владелец немалых форм наверное  :D

#3 FLER

FLER

VIP Administration

• Дирекция Клуба
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5 579 сообщений
  • Интересы:Life

Отправлено 28 января 2004 - 12:44

SolaraGuy (Среда, 28 Января 2004, 1:53) писал:

Сиденья какие-то неоформленные что-ли...Где как говорится "развитая боковая поддержка"? Владелец немалых форм наверное  :D
Есть немного
Изображение

#4 гость_SolaraGuy_*

гость_SolaraGuy_*
  • Guests

Отправлено 28 января 2004 - 18:58

:D  :D  :D

#5 slavv

slavv

Новичок

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 сообщений
  • Интересы:Турбомоторы, электронника, кикбоксинг, спутниковое телевидение.

Отправлено 24 февраля 2004 - 16:55

FLER (Среда, 28 Января 2004, 11:44) писал:

Есть немного
Изображение
Прикольный чувак.
Смотрел на МТВ про гонки в США, там все товарищи на одно лицо.
Что-то среднее между негром-китайцом-японцем, ну короче как Гектор в Форсаже 1.
Глава Представительства Toyota Owners Club в Самаре :)
Чемпиен :-)) в Самарской области
Самый яростный турбофил в Самаре
Самый яростный любитель Тоyota в Самаре

#6 KitT

KitT

Почетный мембер

• VIP Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 сообщений

Отправлено 24 февраля 2004 - 21:06

И результаты скачут... С утра в толчок сходил нормально - 20 кг в минус:)
GT-T 5MT Moscow powered by LB-turbo

#7 Timon_M_F

Timon_M_F

Новичок

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 сообщений

Отправлено 28 февраля 2004 - 14:14

Вот они, уроды где плодятся.....

Яндекс.Метрика