• 5 579 сообщений
  • Интересы:Life

Отправлено 05 декабря 2003 - 15:36

Owner: Ivan Vazquez
Ride: 2000 Toyota Celica GT
Hometown: Downey, California
Daily Grind: Sales at Savas Tires and Wheels
Изображение

Under The Hood: 2000 Celica 1.8L DOHC VVT-I engine; Blitz 525cc fuel injectors; HKS fuel regulator, GT2530 turbocharger, Super Sequential blow-off valve, turbo intercooler, EVC Silver limited edition boost controller, chrome honeycomb housing with filter; ’97 Supra TT fuel pump; TRD exhaust, oil cap, short shifter kit; TSR Fabrications turbo manifold, turbo piping, down pipe; B&M Volt Power ignition; Cusco oil catch can; AEM alternator pulley; Hose Techniques kit; steel braided lines; Bright Co. polished alternator, valve cover; ACT clutch; engine buildup by TSR Fabrications, Mike Urbano, and Creative Car Audio
Stiff Stuff :Tanabe Sustec Pro Series full treaded body suspension, rear lower stabilizer bar; Cusco front lower stabilizer bar; Hotchkis front upper stabilizer bar with integrated camber plates, rear camber links; TRD rear upper stabilizer bar; Sprint front camber kit; Energy Suspension bushings; suspension installation by Savas Tires & Wheels
Rollers: 18x8 Volk Racing GT-N Gunmetal wheels (17x7.5 GT-N Gold spare wheel); Nitto 225/40ZR18 NT-555 tires.
Stoppers: Stop Tech four-piston caliper upgrade with rotor, steel braided lines; Axxis brake pads
Outside: TRD front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper, wing, headlamp covers, headlamps, fuel cover lid; Fiber Images carbon-fiber hood, hoodscoop, rear trunk handle; Hiper H7 HID bulbs; graphics by Elite Sign Works
Inside: TRD fully reclining seats, steering wheel, gauge cluster, shifter knob; MOMO carpet, doorsills, pedals; Kreative Auto Interior suede and tweed door panels; custom dash by Creative Car Audio and painted by Wet Works; HKS gauges, Type-1 silver turbo timer; A’pexi S-AFC, ITC, rev/speed meter; volt meter; Cusco 4-point rollcage; Pivot push button ignition, shift light; Simpson five-point harnesses; STR lighter Ice Alpine IVA-C800 head unit, DVA-5205 DVD unit, 2x 6-disc CD changers; PPI2600 and 4400 series amps, 6.5-inch Platinum series speakers, Q bass controller; 3x JL Audio W6 subs; Nintendo 64; 2x Optima Red Top batteries; Tsunami battery compositor; installation by Creative Car Audio
Props: I’d like to thank my family for their support over the last two years, my wonderful lady for sticking by me when my attention was focused on my project, Savas for getting me pretty much all the parts and installing them for me, Ryan at Creative Car Audio for helping me with the electronics and sound system, Team Strykr for all of their support and for bringing me into their family, Mario at TSR, Joe at Wetworks, Hung at Kreative Auto Interior, Albert at Fiber Images, EZ at Elite Sign Works, Mike Urbano for all of his help, Mackin, Hiper Industries, Nitto, Hotchkis, Hose Techniques, and the countless others for the support and kind words, all of which have helped me shape my dream.
Изображение
Изображение
Изображение
Изображение

A Family Affair
This turbocharged Celica gives the term “family values” a whole new meaning

By Daniel Morris
Photography: Wes Allison

Call us crazy, but to hear Ivan Vazquez tell it, we’re under the impression that he never wanted his 2000 Celica GT to become the turbocharged show masterpiece that it is now. We’re not sure what gave us this idea, but we suspect it has something to do with Ivan mentioning, “I didn’t want to do too much to the car.”
Either that or it was the comment, “All I wanted to do was put some rims on it and drop it.” Or maybe it was when he said, “I was scared to do anything to the car,” but we’re not really sure.

Either way, one thing we are definitely sure of is that when it comes to doing things you don’t want to do, there always seems to be one major culprit, and no, we’re not talking about kidnappers or muggers here, but rather family members. Case in point: the Celica’s TRD body kit, which, as Ivan relates, “was something I didn’t want to do at all.” According to Ivan, it was really his brother EZ’s fault. “I saw the different kits that were available, and he’s like, ‘Why don’t you get the TRD kit?’ I said, ‘Hell no, that’s a thousand-something bucks.’ He said ‘No, it’s two thousand! If you get it, I’ll help you out.’ If it weren’t for EZ, I wouldn’t have gone all out because [once I got the kit] I started looking at the other stuff TRD had, and one thing led to another. Before I knew it [the Celica] turned out like this.” Well, if all our families gave advice like Ivan’s, we’d probably be wise to follow it, if doing so resulted in anything like his Celica.

But then again, Ivan is a bit more connected than the rest of us—he’s the youngest of the Vazquez clan, the family behind Southern California’s Savas Tires and Wheels, an impressive 30,000-square-foot import buffet/showroom, which has been catering to the aftermarket since day one. So needless to say, both Ivan’s father, Juan Vazquez, and EZ were influential in the car’s buildup and hold a bit more expertise in such matters than your average relative(s).

The end result is the red-hot ember of a Toyota smoldering on these pages. Obviously, the first things to jab you in the eye are the TRD body kit and the HKS intercooler lurking dangerously behind the front bumper. Let your peepers linger a little longer, and you’ll notice the clear TRD fuel lid and then various touches of carbon fiber—the scooped hood and the rear trunk handle, courtesy of Fiber Images. Next, you have two options. Either pop open the hood and take a look, or shrink yourself to the size of a grain of rice and climb on in through the hoodscoop. We chose the latter and came face to face with an HKS GT2530 turbocharger, an HKS fuel regulator, and a TSR turbo manifold, not to mention one of the cleanest engine bays this side of the Windex factory. Everything appears to glow on its own internal power until you realize it’s just reflecting your greasy complexion. Dig around a bit more, and you’ll find a pack of Blitz 525cc fuel injectors and a ’97 Supra TT fuel pump to keep them humming, plus a very choice Tanabe Sustec Pro Series full-treaded body suspension.

As much responsibility for this Celica as Ivan may try to pass off on family, friends, stray dogs, and passersby, the truth is that he’s just as complicit in the whole thing as anyone else and certainly deserves the lion’s share of credit. Just take a look at the interior—one doesn’t go to the trouble of encasing a spare Volk GT-N wheel in glass on mere suggestion alone. No, that type of thing only occurs when you’ve got automotive brain fever. And it doesn’t stop there. Take a quick hurdle over the TRD rear upper stabilizer bar, slide down the lava-mound bass enclosure, and you’re sitting in a TRD reclining seat, watching The Horse Whisperer on the Alpine DVD player with both the roof-mounted HKS EVC Silver limited-edition turbo boost controller and dash-mounted Type-1 turbo timer blinking you into an epileptic fit. The Celica’s two center A/C vents are plugged with a pair of HKS 46mm temperature gauges, the glovebox now houses a trio of A’pexi meters, Nintendo 64 controller ports poke through the passenger side dash, and to top it all off, there’s Ivan’s pride and joy, the unavailable-in-the-U.S.A. J-spec TRD steering wheel. Whew.

After winning the first ever Celica Showoff last October at the Del Mar Maximum Showoff, Ivan seems pretty content on keeping the Celica as is and doesn’t have any major plans other than fine-tuning its performance. It’s safe to say, though, that Ivan’s Celica has definitely become one of the family, albeit that wayward brother type that’s always hitting you up for loans, getting arresting, and marrying Thai strippers. Ah, the joys of family.

#2 jackiekvakin

jackiekvakin

Gold мембер

• VIP Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1 218 сообщений

Отправлено 05 декабря 2003 - 21:28

Вот ссылочка http://www.overboost...tory.asp?id=343 :D

Яндекс.Метрика